CMBC: Cranky Monkey Broadcasting Corporation

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Facing the Music

I recently heard a concert by a local flute group calling themselves "Flutation." That got me wondering about what other groups are out there, such as "Tubation," but I won't go there.

With all due respect for the expertise of this group, I still have to confess that I generally don't like a straight dose of flute music. All of that breathy chirpiness makes me think of butterflies with vertigo, or something.

This got me thinking about how an activist might write a book against flute music, and a catchy book title is always a good start. Many books that rail against some evil in the social structure--did I say that flutes were evil?--have a title that includes the word "nation." Examples would be Derber's Corporation Nation and Schlosser's Fast Food Nation. So, in the fine tradition of the muckrakers who have come before me, I propose the following book:

Flutation Nation: The Rise of Flute Music in America and How you can Fight Back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home