CMBC: Cranky Monkey Broadcasting Corporation

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Last Day of Company

Breakfast

We went to the Courtyard by Marriot at 7:35ish to meet Raul and Lucy down in the restaurant for coffee, and we found my mom down there as well. So we pulled a couple of tables together and had breakfast as a group. Raul and Lucy left about 8:00 to head for the airport, and we then went to my mom’s room to help her pack her bags.We then gave a driving tour of Kokomo that included passing by Walnut Creek Apartments where we used to live (wow did that place look run down), and going up 31, west on Markland and over to the Seiberling Mansion area, and then on to IU Kokomo, where we stopped for a few minutes and saw my office. Mom wants to take pictures that look out of people’s windows just to appreciate this vantage point. We then went back to our apartment to open a few gifts. We then loaded up and headed down to Carmel.

Helios Gift and Tea Shop

We ate at the Helios Gift and Tea Shop on Main Street in Carmel. It was definitely a flowery, female environment and I was the only man there. The tea room was set in an older house that was crammed with pinkish gift items. I ordered the chicken salad sandwich. The cinnamon flavored tea was good, and the desserts (especially the raspberry cheesecake) were excellent. Before we left, I checked the fluids on the car because the check engine light kept coming on during our way to the restaurant. The coolant may have been a bit low, so I added about 2 cups of water to the reservoir tank.

Airport

We took my mom to the Indianapolis International Airport a couple of hours prior to her flight on Northwest Airlines. My mom and I jumped out at the Northwest area, and Melissa and Little Raul parked the car on Level 2. After checking in my mom’s bag at the curbside service, we joined up with Melissa and Raul Matthew and window-shopped at a jewelry shop and the B. Dalton bookstore. We saw my mom off at the security checkpoint at Concourse A.

Greenwood

We stopped by Kim (Melissa's sister) and Tim’s to drop off some food from the weekend. Kim was working in the kitchen and Tim was repairing a door on their entertainment system. I played a few downs of football with the kids in the front yard and also tried to throw the football from their driveway over a tree and into their neighbor’s yard to the north. Instead, the ball fell down into the tree and thankfully didn’t get stuck. Their road had just been repaved, and the circle in the middle of the cul-de-sac was bare dirt. I tried to convince Carter that the ND emblem on his ball cap stood for “No donuts” instead of “Notre Dame.” He didn’t buy it. Brianna was doing a Suduko puzzle. We then went to Half Price books were I found cookbooks on Asian and Cuban cooking. Melissa picked up a few books for Raul Matthew in addition to a computer program for learning Mandarin. We then went to the Byroms for dinner where I worked on blogging about this weekend while we all watched the Colts play the Bengals on Monday Night Football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home