CMBC: Cranky Monkey Broadcasting Corporation

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Shopping for my Graduation Party

Raul Matthew and I went shopping for chips, dip, trail mix, and a bunch of other stuff for my graduation party on Saturday. We stopped by Aldi in hopes of getting some cheap chips and dip, but I found that the chips were more than what I see at Wal-Mart or Kroger, and they didn’t have any dip, so we left. That’s wasn’t so easy, however, because the store’s only way of escape was the lone open checkout aisle—and that was clogged with big bottoms and bulky boxes, so navigating through this final obstacle was a major challenge. I can’t help but guess that this setup might be in violation of some fire code.

The Deals store in front of Wal-Mart was no better, although I did run into Aaron Pitzer who was stocking some Christmas items. Get it—Christmas items, stocking? Never mind.

So we ended up getting most of our things from Wal-Mart after all. I am proud to report that I resisted the temptation to put 3 cans of fruit cocktail in Cassie Myer’s bread aisle. I walked away, but it wasn’t the easiest thing since sliced bread. Sorry.

Then we headed to Kohls to look for three bowls to place trail mix in. I looked for Charles Allison, but didn’t see him this time around, so I wasn’t able to stand 3 feet from him and page for help in the men’s section as I did last time. Oh well. I found some interesting bowls at Kohls, but I didn’t want to part with over $30 for what we really didn’t need and might not use again, at least not on a regular basis. At TJ Maxx, I found 6 smaller bowls for only $2 each, so I got those instead, along with a couple bottles of the mango habanero sauce that is a great deal at $3.99 a bottle. It’s great stuff!!! I’ve made a similar sauce from scratch using a Bobby Flay recipe, but I’m too lazy to think about making it right now.

I thought about making the trip over to Follet’s Purdue West bookstore at Purdue to pick up my graduation robe for the ceremony on Sunday, but decided to stay home tonight and make the trip tomorrow. Besides, Micah Quick will have a better chance of once again seeing my vintage Lincoln gracing Purdue’s campus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home